Health & Wellness
Your Health Is Just As Important As Ours.
Each of us is rightly concerned about our families’ diet, and we just as rightly want to make sure we are serving our families the healthiest food choices.
For all the press that fast food, bad cholesterol, and poly-saturated or trans-fats have received, we at Morgan Ranch want to make sure folks know they can reduce their cholesterol and improve their diets without giving up on the beef so many of us enjoy. And that is why we started raising, eating, and selling Wagyu beef.
Since we are proud of the health benefits of our product, below is a quick set of facts about Wagyu beef and its health benefits, backed up by the Mayo Clinic, the American Heart Association, Texas A&M University, Washington State University, and the School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences at Deakin University in Australia, to name just a few:
- The Mono-unsaturated Fatty Acid to Saturated Fatty Acid ratio runs up to three times higher in Wagyu beef than other beef.
- Research indicates that Mono-unsaturated Fatty Acids (MUFA) are either lower or neutral to total cholesterol levels, while increasing High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) levels, or good cholesterol.
- Medical experts report that HDL tends to deliver cholesterol away from the arteries and to the liver where the body can get rid of it.
- Research indicates that HDL removes excess cholesterol from arterial plaque, thus slowing its build-up.
- Wagyu beef is also an effective source of Essential Fatty Acids such as the Omega 3 (Linolenic Acid), as well as containing 30% more Omega 6 (Linoleic Acid) than other breeds.
- Omega 3, the same compound found in nuts, olive oils, and fish that give them their health benefits, has been found to protect against heart disease, arthritis, depression, Alzheimer’s, high blood pressure, and act as an anti-carcinogen.
- Omega 6 has been shown to prevent numerous kinds of cancers, while also reducing Low Density Lipoprotein (bad cholesterol) levels and triglycerides.
- Wagyu beef is one of the best sources of Vitamin B, iron, and essential complete amino acids.